Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MOLDI books or moldy books?

The Mid Ohio Library Digital Initiative has created a library online, accessible anywhere there is internet access. It brings books & movies into peoples homes, working to further literacy across Ohio, which is a great thing!

However, I find the selections don't suit my interests, especially the movies. None of the movies caught my interest, so I didn't download any. When I chose "classics", I expected to see old comedy classics like the Three Stooges, I Love Lucy, etc. Maybe there is something about obtaining copyrite permission that stops MOLDI from having a greater variety.

On another note, I think MOLDI should consider getting someone to rename their website. MOLDI brings up the connotation of moldy, as in what happens when someone returns a wet book.

"Can I interest you in MOLDI books? You can access Moldy books from home!"

"No, thanks".

Renaming their website to something that elicits positive expectations might greater help their usage. Don't get me wrong though, MOLDI is great- check out some books to take with you on the run.

No comments: